Visual and Multimodal Anthropology ยท Collaborative Practice

Funkhaus Berlin

The Funkhaus Nalepastrasse was built from 1953 to 1956 by Bauhaus architect
Franz Ehrlich. Originally, the Funkhaus was East Germany’s central radio station; it holds the largest studio complex in the world. The numerous recording spaces range from the 1000m2 concert hall, which can host a symphony orchestra, all the way down to a telephone booth. The acoustic characteristics of the rooms are of outstanding quality and extremely varied. [1]